The aim of this project is to develop and communicate an inspiring vision for Kapiti to attract businesses and tourists to our region. The project will be done with key stakeholders and has three phases:
Stage 1 – Researching the Kapiti Story.
- Data analysis of current Kapiti businesses, economic conditions in the region and local environmental factors to identify key strengths and weaknesses relative to other areas
- Qualitative analysis of existing and new businesses to identify what they consider to be the benefits/attractors of the Kapiti region
- Case studies of businesses operating successfully in the region which will help distil Kapiti’s uniqueness.
- Market segmentation of audience for communications, based on a needs analysis and identification of key ‘pain points’
Stage 2 – Developing the Kapiti Story.
- Compilation and analysis of the information obtained in Stage 1
- Bringing together key people with the ability to think strategically and creatively in a facilitated process to develop the Kapiti Story
- Identifying the ‘target markets’ for the Kapiti Story and their key ‘pain points’
- Refining and testing the Kapiti Story to see if it resonates with the target markets
Stage 3 – Telling the Kapiti Story.
- Identifying communication channels relevant to the target markets – who, how, when and how often
- Developing the key communications messages for each target market segment
- Developing the marketing collateral, including digital collateral
- Create a sales pipeline from attraction to leads to conversion
Skills Gap: Data gathering and analysis, visionary thinking, strategic marketing, communications
Project Leader: Liz Koh